GHS Music People!!!
Busy time of the year! Here is an update on our happenings….
1. Tickets for the September 23rd concert have been sent home with the students! They are $8 or $6 with an ASB card. One ASB card = one $6 ticket 🙂
2. The concert starts promptly at 7PM, students need to report to the music room by 6:30PM. They need to be wearing their ‘concert dress’.
3. Concert Dress:
Concert Band and String Orchestra need to wear black pants or long skirt, boys long white dress shirt and a tie, ladies a white blouse, all need black dress shoes.
Symphonic: All black! Guys wear black jacket, black dress shirt and pants, any color of tie. Ladies all black of their choosing
Marching Band: uniforms
Jazz Band: Black with white accents.
4. Dress Rehearsal for the concert is September 22nd from 3:30-5PM in the auditorium, all music students are required to attend, for a grade.
5. Cookie dough sales are due asap! I am sending in the orders on Friday!
6. Football game this Friday. Parents can march in, for free, with the kids at 6:30PM. Wear your red booster shirts, or a red shirt.
7. Music Booster! If you would like to join, please send $50 to the student store with child and have them say that it is for the music booster club. You will get a free t-shirt and one free ticket to each concert. There will be other perks too!
8. Music trip to San Diego on April 29-30. This is optional and costs $319 per student. There will be a reduced rate, please email me if you are interested. The first payment of $75 is due October 1st. This is not required, but optional. Information sheets went home today.
9. If you are not interested in fundraising, we are always willing to accept donation. Ideally, every music student (minus marching band) donated $100 our bill for the year would be paid! Marching band kids need to try to raise $350, or $400 for guard and percussion.
10. Please email me if you have questions!